Life's Little Embarrassments

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Little Critter

One of my most embarrassing moment as a teenager is one that I will never forget, due to the fact that I am a parent know too.

When I was about 16, I was dating this gorgeous guy that my mother liked very much. He was respectful, intelligent, did I mention... Gorgeous! Anyways, he was usually at my house until late at night. We would stay in my room and talk, listen to music, and put together puzzles.

I will be telling this story from my mothers point of view, as if she were telling it.

I had come home from wok one night, as I usually did about 11:00 pm. After putting my groceries away and letting the dog out, I went upstairs to change clothes in my bedroom.
About half way up the stairs, I heard this, squeaking noise... sqeeeekk, sqweeekkk...
I thought to myself, "that daughter of mine had better not being doing what I think she's doing in there". The noise had then stopped and I didn't think anymore about it. I could hear them talking in her bedroom, so I left it alone an thought maybe it was something different.

The next night, when I came home, the same thing. I had sat in my room and listened to the squeaking noise for quite some time. Trying to ignore what I thought, I turned on the t.v. to take my mind off of it. I didn't want to impose on her personal affairs. Later, I heard my daughter's boyfriend leave for the night and she was fast asleep.

The morning after, we talked about birth control over breakfast. My daughter gave me the "I know" attitude and ensured me that she would let me know when it was time to start those precautions.

Of course, the night after that, when I came home from work. I noticed that her boyfriends car was there. I thought it would be a good idea to knock on the door, and we all could talk about the "sex" thing.

Until...

I came up the stairs, and I heard it again! Sqeeeeekkk... This time I was so mad that I sat outside my bedroom until the squeaking stopped and pounded on the door. My daughter opened up the door and greeted me with a warm smile, as did her boyfriend. I noticed that they had been painting a picture on the wall and had paint all over them. At this point, I thought, "there is no way they could of been having sex, because they couldn't have got dressed and started painting that fast".
I proceeded to ignore it and asked them if they were hungary.

But, later on, I noticed it again. At this point I was not going to stand for this type of behavior in my house! I marched upstairs... opened the door... and there they were....

Painting!

My daughter, in confusion, asked me what I was doing. I was dumbfounded!
Next, I proceeded to explain to her that I thought they were having sex in her bedroom for the last three nights.

In much embarrassment, my daughter pointed over at the hampster cage in the corner of the sitting room, just outside her bedroom. It was just the hampster, spinning in his wheel...

The Whole Time!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha that is so funny. My mom and dad are very paranoid just like that! That was some great story telling!!

November 05, 2006 10:02 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

At the very least, I was hoping your hamster was having sex. But a wheel!

November 05, 2006 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home