Life's Little Embarrassments

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Just to name a few...

This week, my research took me to interview 100 people on their average embarrassment. I have made a small list to share with you about my findings. There seems to be a connection to the usual everyday embarrassment. Are they unavoidable? Well, lets say that if they are that's ok because they are always embarrassing and funny no matter how many times you've seen them or experienced them in your own life.

Most common embarrassment seems to be toilet paper under the shoe. I just saw this the other day at Home Depot, this guy was hot!! I just giggled and shook my head as I walked away.

I also enjoyed the event of trying to go through a glass door. My brother did this at my summer party this year. He was coming outside, through the patio door but he forgot to open the door or he thought it was already open. I laughed so hard, the look on his face was priceless.

A lot of people commented on the lingering food factor. Yah know, that bit of mustard that is still on your nose or the salad dressing you drug your sleeve through. I think they are more frustrating than anything. I think that the broccoli between your teeth fell into this category too. I hate when people ask me, "is there anything in between my teeth?", sometimes I think it is better to tell them "no" when they do, just because it is annoying!

More than a few girls had admitted to walking around with there skirt tucked into there underwear. Which I think is just hilarious in more ways than one! A few weeks ago, I was out with my girlfriends and I noticed the girl sitting next to me had her bra of her right boob completely exposed from the unusual shirt she was wearing. The guy next to me was telling me to move over so he could get a better look. See was the talk of the establishment that night and she had no idea why.

Then last but not least is the worst embarrassment of all. Girls, I know you all know what I'm talking about here! "Aunt Flow" comes to town. Never failing to show up unexpected and bearing no gifts to compensate! This happens to me at least a dozen times a year and always at work, we now have a system of being official "checkers" to avoid embarrassment.

I think embarrassments are required for self-esteem and spiritual growth, positive or negative, they will always be a learning experience to look back on.

Has anyone had an unusual embarrassment that is worth mentioning? I would like to post one classmates most embarrassing moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

I would totally offer up a story, but I'm coming up blank. I do remember poor Barb Mothershead up at the blackboard in 8th grade, doing a math problem and wearing peach-colored pants and, well, a certain problem you mention had struck...and all these years later, it's still so vivid to me!

October 18, 2006 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home